Product reviewed: Hurom Hexa Power High Speed Blender
When I think of blenders, the movie “Father of the Bride” comes to mind (spoiler alert): the scene where the bride-to-be gets a gift from the groom, and it’s a blender! In the movie, this was upsetting — she even almost canceled the wedding. But had the blender been a Hurom Hexa Power High Speed Blender, I have a feeling she wouldn’t have been so upset!
I was so excited to review this blender because I love to blend smoothies, sauces and soups. As a kitchen tool, the blender can accomplish so many things. With the rise of high-power blenders, the texture of your final product is elevated to a whole new level. I have so many clients who would love to put certain vegetables in smoothies or make their own nut butters, but because they don’t have a high-powered blender, they end up chewing their smoothie. No thanks!
Hurom may have started by making juicers, but the company has moved into the blender world with this fancy yet simple machine. It has stainless-steel blades that are razor-sharp and can pulverize even the thickest of kale. It is BPA-free, so you can feel safe about using it with your loved ones and yourself. The blender is high-quality and more affordable than many of its competitors’ machines.
The Hexa Power High Speed Blender has a modern finish and easy-to-use button system. It comes with a “pusher” to ensure all ingredients make it to the bottom of the blender base to be completely blended. Pre-programmed settings for smoothies and soups make it simple to blend perfect smoothies or soup that is hot and ready to eat with a push of a button.
Sounds too good to be true, I know. I tested it! I made my recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (see below) with this blender and not a soup pot. What I noticed most was its texture. The design and power of the Hurom blender make the soup amazingly smooth and quite luxurious.
If you are looking to upgrade or replace a blender, this is a great one to consider. It is user-friendly, high-power and easy to clean, even in the dishwasher, if necessary. Blenders can be an investment and you want yours to last. Hurom offers a five-year warranty and has safety features built in, so your machine’s motor doesn’t die, and you can blend with confidence. This would even be a great wedding gift. Then maybe Hollywood could make a “Father of the Bride 3” where that scene is revised!
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare 2 sheet pans, both lined with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Peel and cube butternut squash (about ½-inch cubes) and roughly chop carrots. Arrange on sheet pans.
- Add garlic and onion to each pan.
- Coat each pan of veggies with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork tender.
- In the Hurom blender, add orange juice, chipotle powder, thyme and vegetable stock.
- When squash, carrots and onions are roasted, add to blender.
- Place lid on blender and select “soup” option.
- Once finished, taste and season as needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Notes: Can top with pomegranate arils, pumpkin seeds or goat cheese (a personal favorite).