Synopsis of the App: Complete with healthy recipes and automatic grocery lists, Intent is a meal planning app designed to put healthy eating on autopilot.
Price and Platform: Free/Premium. $49.99 per year. Apple only.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Clean, inspiring aesthetic.
- Users start by selecting a primary goal to eat healthy, lose weight, gain weight or save time. Goals can be adjusted to take an aggressive, balanced or gradual approach.
- Accommodates allergies and common dislikes, from specific foods to cuisines.
- Easily repeat a past meal plan or skip meals within a plan.
- Customize each meal plan for the number of people and number of different recipes to make each week.
- Can include repeat meals with plenty of leftovers or a different meal every day with a longer shopping list and more cooking.
- Easily swap in different main entrees and side dishes.
- Easily share the grocery list with others.
Automatically creates a grocery list that can be shopped or delivered via Instacart or Amazon Fresh.
- There’s a big push toward weight loss. Even after selecting “eat healthy” as the goal, Intent includes a calorie target.
- You’ll need to upgrade to Intent premium to view meal macros and access recipes for several diet plans, such as low-carb and keto.
- No apparent way to easily add your own snacks or recipes to the meal planner.
- Only available on iOS at the time of this review.
Bottom Line: With lots of custom options, plenty of recipes and an easy grocery list maker, Intent is a meal planning application worth checking out.