Deviled eggs are a favorite snack in my household. They are so flavorful and it’s easy to make them in a variety of ways. Sometimes I’ll set up a deviled egg bar where friends can garnish their eggs with a variety of toppings like capers, sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs, smoked salmon, crumbled cheeses, etc. These deviled eggs are a perfect combo of salty and spicy and are sure to impress any guests.
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons chunky blue cheese dressing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crumbled blue cheese, for garnish
- Chopped celery leaves, for garnish
Halve each boiled egg. Place the whites on a platter and place the yolks in a food processor. Process the yolks until they look like coarse sand, then transfer to a mixing bowl (you can also mash the yolks with a fork if you don’t have a food processor).
Combine the egg yolks with mayo, blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce and chopped celery. Season with salt and pepper and stir again.
Scoop the yolk mixture into a piping bag (or resealable sandwich bag) and pipe into each egg white. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese and chopped celery leaves. Serve immediately or keep cold until ready to serve.