Taco soup is one of my favorite fall recipes. I know you can make this soup year-round but eating it when the temperatures are cool and crisp makes it taste so much better! This Creamy Taco Soup recipe is loaded with veggies, lean ground beef and flavorful spices! It’s super easy to make and comes together perfectly in your slow cooker.
I’ve made several taco recipes, but this one is seriously the best I’ve made so far! This creamy beef taco soup comes together easily and requires very little preparation — perfect for busy weeknights. And what makes this soup recipe so amazing is that everyone can customize their soup with a variety of toppings.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: lime wedges, diced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro
Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the beef and drain any excess fat.
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, except for the salt and pepper and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Once the soup is done, season with salt and pepper and top with avocado, sour cream, cilantro or any other favorite toppings. Enjoy!