Serving size: 1 cup
Prep time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar of choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix red pepper, carrots, yellow pepper, edamame, blueberries, quinoa and chickpeas until combined.
- In a small bowl or jar with lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk or shake until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix to lightly coat.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and serve cold.
Cooking note: Balsamic, red wine, champagne, rosé, honey apple or apple cider vinegars work well in this recipe. Top salad with chopped fresh herbs such as mint, basil, thyme or cilantro, if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 269 calories, 12g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 9g sugar, 9g protein, NA potassium, NA phosphorus
Analysis uses balsamic vinegar; chopped red bell pepper for yellow pepper; and frozen edamame for shelled and cooked. No potassium or phosphorus nutrition data available for Dijon mustard.