Synopsis of the App: Quik GoPro Video Editor allows users to make or edit videos in seconds. The app identifies the best parts of a clip and adds transitions and special effects synced to music for an engaging video.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Create ready-to-share video using existing images and videos. No GoPro required.
- The app automatically adds music, transitions and titles using preset templates that can easily be edited. Add your own spin with videos with basic text, title slides and music.
- Includes 26 different video styles with varying transitions and graphic effects.
- Let the app edit for you or use the simple editing tools to trim, adjust, add or remove volume, adjust speed and select highlights to add throughout the video.
- The app looks for panoramic shots (or slow pans) and people and voices in the video to apply specific effects, jumps or top speed in the video for action-mode edits.
- Use the Flashbacks feature to effortlessly create videos using images and video taken over the last 24 hours.
- Import music from your library or select from more than 80 free songs. Start and stop the music at any point to create the perfect soundtrack.
- Options to save videos in the default or 1080p HD and 60 frames per second.
- Manually crop or adjust orientation to cinema (horizontal for YouTube), square (for Facebook or Instagram) or portrait (for IGTV and Facebook Stories).
- Easily save and share videos to Google Drive or Dropbox, text, email, What’s App, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Holds up to 200 clips and images.
- Videos must be under 60 seconds, so this app is not suitable for long-form video.
- Cannot capture content within the app.
- Cannot adjust font styles.
Bottom Line: Perfect for easily creating short videos, Quik GoPro Video Editor is ideal for people who have a lot of video footage or photos but little time or skill to edit them.