Platform and Price
Free: Apple and Android
5 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Strava is a GPS run and ride tracker. Track your routes and stats, earn badges for achievements, compare with friends and rivals, take on challenges and push yourself harder.
- Well-designed app with easy navigation and high quality images.
- Measure progress against friends on the leaderboard.
- Stats are provided in great detail including the average number of rides, distance and time per week as well as year-to-date and all time stats for distance, time and elevation achieved.
- Stay engaged with monthly challenges like "run a half marathon in August" or "ride 16 hours in 8 days."
- Discover popular running and cycling routes when you travel.
- Find and follow other Strava athletes around the world to follow their activities and compare performance for motivation.
- Comment and cheer on your friends in the activity feed.
- Use the "Segment Explorer" to discover running and cycling routes in your area. See which athletes made the best time and the average pace to complete it.
- Filter athletes by gender to compare for performance.
- Share activities to Facebook and Twitter.
- Supports ANT+ and Bluetooth LE wireless protocols and sensors to collect heart rate data.
- Track your activities without an internet connection.
- Find segments for other activities including walking, skiing, inline skating and swimming in your area via the Strava web platform.
- Strava Premium is available as a subscription service.
- Continuously running GPS in the background can quickly lead to battery drain.
- Must use Facebook or surrender an email address, name and gender to sign up.
- Only tracks running and cycling activities.
- Must upload local segment information via the web platform.
If you are in the least bit competitive, this app is a perfect match. Strava motivates. The free version of this app delivers incredible value to help you stay the course or stretch your fitness goals.