Peaches are one of my favorite summer fruits. They hold up really well when grilled and the slightly smoky flavor that grilling gives them is out of this world.
Having fruit for dessert is also a great way to incorporate a more Mediterranean-inspired diet into your lifestyle. The natural sweetness satisfies any sweet tooth, especially in summer when fresh fruit is so plentiful.
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream, Honey and Thyme
Serving Size: ½ peach with scoop of ice cream, drizzle of honey and pinch of thyme
- 3 peaches, halved and pits removed
- Cooking Spray or olive oil
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- After halving the peaches, lightly spray a grill pan and heat to medium-high heat.
- Add peach halves, cut side down and grill until slightly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- To serve, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of each peach half, then lightly drizzle with honey and top with a pinch of fresh thyme.