Synopsis of the App: Innit is an all-in-one platform that lets you plan a personalized meal for one night or the week, create shopping lists and get step-by-step instructions for cooking a variety of meals.
Price and Platform: Free. Android and Apple.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Cheerful green and white color scheme for a light, bright, user-friendly design.
- All-inclusive platform that lets you plan a personalized meal for one meal or the week, create shopping lists and get step-by-step instructions for recipe preparation.
- Captures the user right away with a friendly chatbot that asks for your likes/dislikes (with a list of common foods like cilantro, tofu and mayo), dietary needs and allergies in the form of a friendly text message.
- Access recipes and easily add and remove ingredients from your shopping list.
- Design and make meals to suit your preferences and lifestyle.
- Works with Google Home assistant and will connect with Wi-Fi-enabled, compatible kitchen appliances.
- Beautiful food photography entices you to make a range of recipes from traditional choices to grain bowls and fusion-style tacos.
- Tap to easily customize meals (swapping different proteins, vegetables or sauces) and adjust the number of servings.
- Swipe for new flavors and ingredients based on your craving or what’s in the pantry.
- Make a meal using real-time cooking guidance and how-to videos — expertly sequenced to ensure the meal elements are ready at the right time.
- Swapping out ingredients? No problem. The recipes, calories and prep time automatically update with the change.
- Tap the “cook now” button and the app walks you through each step of the cooking process and tells you when you’ll finish.
- Rate your experience and review ratings to discover popular meals.
- Unlike previous appliance specific apps, Innit is compatible with more than one appliance brand.
- Limited number of compatible appliances at present.
Bottom Line: Innit is the meal planning, shopping and cooking answer for the connected or smart home. It’s perfect for newbies and cooking pros who enjoy a little tech with dinner.