Synopsis of the App
Part of the Switcher mobile video creation ecosystem, Switcher Go lets you add an additional camera, photos and videos to produce good-looking video on-the-go for Facebook Live and YouTube.
Platform and Price
Free. Android and Apple.
5 out of 5
- Simple design.
- Add a camera plus up to 4 photos or videos to your Facebook or You Tube live stream.
- Record in the Switcher Go app or log in with Facebook or YouTube Live to broadcast directly on your channel.
- Save media in the assets section to add to other videos or live broadcasts with ease.
- Easily access frame size, duration and file size to easily edit ideal footage for the intended platform.
- Includes preset broadcast notifications like “broadcast will begin shortly” and “stay tuned” that can easily be dropped in as needed.
- Use the app as a wireless remote to cue and share video or photos or to produce single-person video shoots and capture shots out of arm’s reach.
- Incorporate smooth transitions while zooming in and out with the slider function.
- Blur the background or adjust the depth of field to create videos with a cinematic effect.
- Adjust video lighting and capture settings like exposure, white-balance and shutter speed.
- Some functions are not incredibly intuitive at first.
- Appears to only record in landscape mode which is most suitable for You Tube and less so for Facebook Live tapings
- Not yet integrated with other live streaming apps.
With live video trending up, Switcher Go is worth a try. It serves as a mini production assistant. Ideal for videographers or live streamers who work alone, this app can help you get organized and pull off a broadcast with ease.