Quinoa is a healthy and simple scrambled egg stir-in that turns your breakfast into a satisfying high-protein meal. I like it because I know I am getting in at least 20g of protein first thing in the morning and it keeps me satisfied longer than maybe just a bowl of cereal.
High Protein Egg Scramble with Quinoa
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon shredded mozzarella (or Parmesan)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon microgreens or fresh basil (optional)
Over medium heat, heat extra virgin olive oil and garlic in small frying pan.
Whisk eggs in a small bowl and pour into the pan.
Once eggs start to cook add in the spinach, cheese, quinoa and mix together. Season with salt and pepper. Garish with more cheese and any fresh herbs you prefer.
- If I have it in the fridge I sometimes add in bell pepper, tomato, onion or hot sauce.