Synopsis: Stereo is a live, global, audio-only social platform.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Easy to register and get started in just a couple of minutes.
- Simple interface that’s easy to use and find topics of interest.
- Listen and connect to digital conversations in real time or start your own.
- Browse or filter ongoing conversations across many categories including news, sports, health, fitness, business, politics, science, family, leisure, technology, spirituality, education, travel and more.
- Easily send audio messages to contribute to any conversation.
- Start your own talk at any time with just one tap.
- Users can customize their avatar for features including skin tone, hair style, nose and eye shape, clothing, accessories and more.
- Keep track of your friends and favorite hosts’ happenings, as well as your listening history, from the activity tab.
- Share past talks within and outside the app using a shareable link.
- Includes blocking options and reporting tools to safeguard against offensive content or users.
- Option to subscribe to the app’s premium service to get exclusive content, but most content is free. Monthly subscriptions vary in price.
- Before signing in, the app requests access to your contacts — this can be denied.
- You must share a phone number to register and verify your account.
Bottom Line: Like the platforms Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces, Stereo is a convenient way to connect with your audience via planned or impromptu live conversations. It may be especially useful for existing or would-be podcast hosts who want to further connect with their listeners.