Synopsis of the App: Jour is a mindfulness journal designed to encourage daily self-care with science-backed activities and journal prompts.
Price and Platform: Free 7-day Trial ($59.99/year subscription). iOS only.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Attractive and calming design guides new users to start a daily journal and to unwind with Jour guides.
- New users choose a focus from options including reducing stress, calming anxiety, sleeping better, trying something new, achieving goals or improving confidence.
- Includes 100+ Cognitive Behavioral Therapy guides for coping with stress, confidence, sleep, anxiety and more.
- Offers a daily mood check-in and new questions to inspire continuous journaling and encourage positive thought patterns.
- Provides a library of interactive guides with step-by-step instruction to help users build confidence; focus on gratitude; address stress, anxiety and other emotions; and practice ways to calm the mind for improved sleep.
- Track and explore feelings using the journal prompts, then return to reflect.
- Gain insights and reframe negative thoughts.
- Set and track goals and progress over time.
- Option to connect to automatically add Mindful Minutes to Apple Health and CareKit.
- Offers a free seven-day trial. Subscription costs $59.99/year.
- Available on Apple only at the time of this review.
- Must subscribe to gain access to the free trial.
- The $59.99/year cost might be cost-prohibitive to some.
Bottom Line: Ideal for anyone needing a little TLC, Jour is a mindfulness journal designed to encourage daily self-care with science-backed activities and journal prompts.